A Renowned clergy, Ven. I.E Onovo had on Sunday, marked several important milestones in both his priestly and personal life, which included, his 10th anniversary as a priest, his birthday as well as the the 4th Ivite Aguleri Special Parish Women Conference/ Award ceremony.
Friends, Family and well wishers gathered at St. Michael and All Angels Ivite Aguleri to felicitate with the Venerable and his amiable Family.
The guest preacher in the thanksgiving service, Ven. Charles Chukwurah described the celebrant, as a gift to humanity but especially to the Anglican Diocese of Niger West. According him, Ven. Onovo is a builder who God has immensely used to touch lives and build structures for the body of Christ across Anambra State.
Relating the life of Ven. Onovo to the theme of the service: “Enthroning the Majesty of God”, Ven. Charles emphasized that Ven. Onovo enthroned Jesus in his life, that is why God has been using him mightily to touch lives and put smiles on the faces of the less privileged. Ven. Charles on this ground, enjoined families, especially, mothers to enthrone Jesus as the sovereign in their families for maximum results.
The event which was heavily attended by politicians and people from all walks of life featured:
- Presentation of the gift of a Toyota Highlander Jeep by friends to the celebrant
- Gifts by the Ven. to those who have contributed to making his ministry a success all these years
- Special award by the Ven. on distinguished persons who have collaborated with him in the ministry
- Award of Ezinne and Ada dioramma by the Women Ministry to some mothers who distinguished themselves in character and virtues
- The occasion also featured cutting of cake and support for the Women Ministry.
In all, the congregation agreed that Ven. Onovo was a rare gem that deserved the support of all men of goodwill in his ministry and all strove in their various capacities to support him. It was in deed a day of blessedness for Ven. Onovo and the entire people of Aguleri.