Achara soup is one of the most well liked foods in Igboland. It is the staple soup of Abia state and it is loved by millions.
Today, we will be giving you the step by step guide on how to make a tasty achara soup. Before we begin, we have to list down the ingredients needed to make this soup.
Ingredients For Achara Soup
- Achara leaves
- Palm Oil
- Smoked Fish
- Stock Fish
- Fresh Pepper
- Knorr Seasoning
- Soak the bitterleaf with salt and warm water then rinse twice
- Boil the stockfish, spice the meat with salt, maggi and onions
- Select the achara and cut then rinse very well
- Bleach the palm oil and pour the egusi, fry for 5 minutes and keep stirring and pour the meat, stockfish with the stock and keep boiling
- Add the ofo in a bowl and mix with water then put in the soup and turn very well.
- After 10 minutes turn and add crayfish and pepper then add salt and knorr seasoning, then turn and boil very well.
- Put the bitterleaf turn and boil it for 10 minutes, then add the achara turn, let it simmer then take it down from the gas cooker.
You can serve it with either pounded yam or semo.
Achara soup is a top notch soup with a great flavor and we are very sure you will enjoy making this soup