This tasty sauce, made from chopped salad vegetables is a colorful way to enjoy a wide range of staple foods with vegetables. Some people even call it Salad Stew.
It is very rich in vitamins and nutrients. So there is no reason why you should not be cooking this recipe as soon as possible.
- 1 Whole Chicken (hen)
- 2 cooking spoons vegetable oil
- 5 Spring onions
- 8 fresh plum tomatoes (Jos tomatoes)
- 8 medium Carrots
- 1 small cabbage
- 3 medium Irish potatoes
- 1 red bell pepper (optional)
- 1 green bell pepper
- Salt (to taste)
- 3 big stock cubes
- 1 tablespoon thyme
Before you cook the Vegetable Sauce
- Wash and cut the vegetables: plum tomatoes (remember to remove the seeds), carrots, cabbage and bell pepper as shown. Remember to scrape the carrots before cutting. Set these aside.
- Peel the Irish potatoes, wash and cut into small pieces. Blend into a thick paste and set aside. This will be used as thickener for the Vegetable Sauce. It’s healthier than using flour.
- Wash and cut the whole chicken into pieces. Place in a pot, add chopped spring onions, stock cubes and thyme. Add water to cover the contents of the pot and start cooking.
- When done, add salt to taste and top up the water to the same level as the contents if necessary.
- Once it boils, add the chopped tomatoes and the vegetable oil. Cover and cook for 15 minutes.
- Add the carrots and cook for 5 minutes.
- Now, add the potato puree, chopped bell peppers and cabbage. Stir, cover and allow to cook for 5 minutes on high heat. Add salt to taste and the sauce is ready to be served.